The Special Events Coordinator supports all Studio Museum special events and the Development Department with major gift and campaign cultivation events. The Special Events Coordinator provides comprehensive support to the Associate Director, Events and Strategic Partnerships and handles all administrative and operational activities for the team.
The successful candidate will be a consummate professional who will support the Museum’s high-profile and highly regarded fundraising events, which raise approximately three million dollars each year and are managed in-house. In addition, the role will support multiple and varied cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year, as well as other institutional event activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of annual fundraising events, including the Annual Gala, the Spring Luncheon, Spring Benefit, and other fundraising events that management establishes
- Support the Associate Director with cultivation events, corporate sponsorships and activations, exhibition openings, and internal events as determined
- Responsible for event execution tasks including registration support and reporting, managing event supplies and shipping, premium research and ordering, and production of event materials including name badges, agendas, surveys, biographies, speaker introductions, briefing memos, and printing
- In coordination with the Associate Director, manage the design, copy, and production deadlines for all event collateral including invitations (electronic and print), program, signage, etc.
- Coordinate with Development team to track event information in Raiser’s Edge to build and pull invitation lists, prospect outreach, event RSVPs, and more
- Serve as a point of contact for donors of all levels by providing event information and confirmations to them through phone and email
- With key staff, develop and execute follow-up communications including thank yous/acknowledgments, cultivation materials, and other collateral; update events calendar and distribute event information to Development Department and applicable constituents
- Provide onsite support at events including greeting and seating guests at check-in, step and repeat set-up, event breakdown, troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist the Associate Director in tracking event expenses and budgets; create and process vendor invoices; reconcile monthly expenses in concurrence
- Oversee the execution of the acknowledgment process and pledge payment follow-up for Annual Gala and all other fundraising events
- Organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of event management experience, preferably in a cultural organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and impeccable follow-up
- Superior organizational skills
- Accuracy and precision in handling timelines and details
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple projects
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and database management systems such as Raiser's Edge
- Some evening/morning/weekends required
Salary will be commensurate with experience, skills, and knowledge.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include "Special Events Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes, please.