The Studio Museum in Harlem is currently hiring for the following positions:
The Studio Museum in Harlem is seeking a creative and dynamic fundraiser to serve as its Manager for Individual Giving. The candidate will oversee the Individual Giving program, including program support groups, major gifts, planned giving, and stewardship programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and implementing a broad-based strategy for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from individuals. S/he will also have demonstrated experience soliciting special and major gifts.
- The Manager for Individual Giving will be responsible for meeting the Museum’s annual contributed revenue goals for individual giving, which will include maximizing gifts from current donors, expanding the donor base by identifying, cultivating and soliciting new prospects, and continuing to develop and expand an individual giving program focused on upper-level annual fund gifts.
- The Manager for Individual Giving will oversee a portfolio of individual prospects and work in partnership with key staff, consultants, and board leadership as well as curatorial and program staff to achieve fundraising goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience within a cultural institution, solid experience interacting with high-level donors, strong general knowledge of development activities, experience with staff management and managing a portfolio of special and major gift prospects, and superior presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, seamless team spirit, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are a must.
- S/he must be results-oriented with a passionate commitment to the visual arts and an appreciation of the Studio Museum's mission and goals.
- S/he will also have an understanding of complex institutions.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
Send resume with salary history and cover letter via email. No phone calls or faxes, please.