The Studio Museum is currently hiring for the following position: Grant Writer
Click here to learn about internship opportunities.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate The Studio Museum in Harlem's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals;
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Bachelor's degree and/or comparable experience in a related field required,
- Strong writer with a solid understanding of how to write foundation, corporate and government grants proposals.
- Excellent computer skills,
- Excellent organization skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Send resume, cover letter and a three to five page excerpt of a grant proposal or report to: email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes, please.